List Of Trophies And Why/WhoThey Are Awarded
1. Barmaid’s Choice. - The Barmaids choice of the bike she likes the best.
2. Most used Bike. - The Club Member who does the most annual mileage on a m/c of the marque.
3. Clubman of the Year. - The club member who amasses the most points during the year.(Club meeting, Runs etc.)
4. Members Trophy/Woolwich Cup. - Member who the other club members think has contributed most to the club in the past year.
5. Dennis Birch Memorial Cup. - Member voted for by the committee who they believe has done most for the club in the past year.
6. Point to Point Cup. - Self explanatory.
Awards 1,2 & 3 are usually presented every year.
Award 4, The Members trophy has only been in existence 4 years. This will be its 5th year.
Award 5, Dennis Birch Memorial Cup was last presented in 2016.
Award 6, Point to Point Cup. This event is not run anymore. Last presented 2010.
If anyone has any comments regarding trophies please contact John Bugg so as to raise them at the AGM.
You may already be aware that the Kent Section has been given the privilege of hosting the 2020 Jampot Rally. It will ruh from 21st - 24th August at Vigo Rugby Club.
It is an opportunity to host about 300 Matchless & AJS owners in one venue and will provide a chance for the members of the public in Kent to be treated to the sights & sounds of our older around the county. Moreover, it will be a chance for the County of Kent to be showcased by visitors far & wide. Our proximity to the European mainland will hopefully attract foreign visitors. We are determined to provide a welcoming and memorable rally for everyone.
The Rally will follow the tried & tested format of previous Jampots. There will be runs on Friday, Saturday & Sunday; food will be on site and entertainment on Saturday evening and Vigo RFC will be supplying copious volumes of ale.Day visitors are welcome and you can stay over the weekend tents, caravans or campervans, the choice is yours.
As with any event, volunteers are needed, these are sometimes in short supply. It would be great if you can support the Rally by attending to represent the Kent Section. It would be even better if you were able to commit to one or more days to help with the running of the event, after all someone has to mark out the pitches, put out tables & chairs, check bins etc. We would be pleased to hear from you if you’re planning to attend the Rally but also if you can give up a day or more to help.
Please contact John Bugg or Terry May if you are willing to help.